This privacy notice sets out the way we process your information and details. We’ll keep this policy updated to show you how we use your personal information so that you can be confident when sharing your information with us that it will only be used for what we say here.
Who we are
We are MAXOGUN a UK based privately owned media company hosting live auctions online.
Legal basis and legitimate interest
When MAXOGUN collects and processes your personal information we will do this according to at least one of the legal grounds permitted in Data Protection law. The typical methods we will be relying on are:
- Where you have given your consent. This may have been consent provided by you when you signed up to take part in one of our auctions or community.
- Where we are fulfilling a contract. For example, promoting your items for auction or sale..
n all cases, we balance our legitimate interests and legal requirements against your rights as an individual and make sure we only use personal information in a way or for a purpose that you would reasonably expect in accordance with this policy and that does not intrude on your privacy or previously expressed marketing preferences.
What information do we generally collect?
MAXOGUN will collect only that detail required to complete the administrative, financial and logistical consequences of participating in MAXOGUN activities.
- Contact details – postal address, telephone number
- Email address
- Financial details – Payment details to complete the transaction are not stored on our systems.
Payment processing online of debit and credit card payments are managed externally by a merchant gateway on behalf of MAXOGUN.
To bid live online, customers are required to register with MAXOGUN.
What do we do with the information you supply?
We use the information you supply to:
- Co-ordinate the sales and purchases of our clients.
- Communicate with you via email about auctions and events that we think may be of interest to you
- Comply with a legal duty
We want to provide a positive experience for you as well as use our resources effectively. Therefore we may also:
- Analyse your personal information to build a picture of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with details of items in forthcoming auctions most relevant to you.
- Contact you if you complete but don’t submit an online form to see if we can assist with any problems you may be having with our website.
- Analyse how visitors use our website to improve the user experience of website visitors.
- Use publicly available sources to keep your records up to date; for example, the Post Office’s National Change of Address database.
If you do not wish to receive emails from MAXOGUN just click the unsubscribe link provided at the foot of each marketing email sent by Holts.
Who do we share information with?
MAXOGUN will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we may still keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
You are in control and you can change your preferences at any time, but we hope that you will find our communications useful and informative. You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time. If you wish to do so please contact by emailing email@example.com.
What do we mean by marketing?
Marketing includes news and information about:
- Forthcoming auctions
- Closing times and dates of auctions currently running
- Social events & activities
We will keep your information safe
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure and we take all necessary steps to make sure your details are held securely. We will never sell or swap your information with other organisations.
MAXOGUN, in conjunction with our IT support company, uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information on our website, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. In addition, we always use a secure connection when collecting personal financial information from you. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure.
We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies.
Website links to third parties
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites and we advise users to read the privacy policies of other websites before registering any personal data.
Keeping your information up to date
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
- Email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also choose to stop receiving further emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the foot of marketing emails from MAXOGUN.
Right of access and correction of your information
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you spot any mistakes, please let us know and we will correct them.
For further information see the Information Commissioner’s guidance
Changes to this Policy
This policy was last updated on 24th March 2019.